Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A long Absence...

Yes, I've been away from this blog for far, far too long. Actually, the last post is dated on Boxing Day, while I was recovering from a party in Thailand. Having just come back from Hawaii, and the beach again, I felt it was time to make a return.

It's not all that surprising that the blog went quiet for awhile, in fact, it's depressingly normal, as apparently 60-80% of the blogs on the internet are abandoned, most in the first week, with the median lifespan for a blog being only 126 days. (Which coincidentally, is just slightly shorter than the length of time I had been posting.)

But in any case, I'm back now. I still don't have any new video to post, (I'm considering changing the name of the blog to "Tokachi Not-Terebi") I thought it was important to get SOMETHING up.

So here's a brief rundown of the last couple months. I came back from Thailand, was busy snowboarding, musicalling, and dating in January, got crazy busy in February, went to Hawaii to see my family, sat on the beach and ate pizza for the first time in months, barely made it home, and am now back at the daily-so-called-grind.

There. That's all the boring stuff out of the way, so let's talk about something more interesting.

No, I don't mean more retrospective, (how passé) but just some things that are striking me as interesting at the time. Of course, at the moment nothing is!

School is easy right now, as the 3rd years are finished, and graduation is this Saturday. I was actually quite surprised as I wasn't informed that there was going to be a graduation ceremony, and was told I didn't need to attend. This seems to be unusual, and I've been left wondering if I've done something to make my High School think that I don't care about the job. Or perhaps they think they are just doing me a favour. In any case, it is this Saturday, so I am still deciding whether to attend or not.

Everything else is fairly usual, or at least, usual for my situation here. I'm hoping to make this weekend a bit of a "catch-up" weekend, a chance to see everyone that I haven't had the time to see, so hopefully that will go well!

See you soon,

(Oh, and go on facebook to see recent pictures, it's a pain to post them here!

No comments: