Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Lull

Today it is above 30 C for the third straight day, and work in the office has pretty much ground to an ice-cream induced halt. Of 12 workers in the office, 9 of them are away on vacation, including all of the management staff, so I don't think anything has been done today. Of course, this being Japan, I must still come in and dutifully sit at my desk anyways, rather than enjoying the weather outside while it lasts. I've been sitting on my computer, internet window shopping and watching youtube...anything more productive threatens to overheat my brain.

It's also a wonderful respite from the busyness of the last few days. With 2 busy days at work, an enkai, 2 karaoke/drinking parties (one of which nearly destroyed me,) a hike, and Bon Odori all in the space of 4 days, I'm really not complaining about the quiet. I have tonight to get some sleep and do my laundry, and then it seems as if I will once again be running around!

On the video front, I've got footage of the hike and Bon Odori, which I promise will shock and amaze you! Hopefully, I can get this up by the end of the week, but I've also got to work on my Japanese and my video about Calgary. (I've done none of those things today, so I really have to get on it.) On a more positive note, Episode 1 is FINALLY available in HD. You can find the link on the right side, but I recommend saving it to your computer rather than trying to watch it in your web browser. You'll need Quicktime, or FFDShow with a good media player like Media Player Classic in order to watch them. As I've said previously, hopefully in time I'll be able to offer streaming HD for those of you with beefy connections. Jaa Mata!

No comments: